New PBS Immigration System

  • Life After EU Freedom of Movement
  • New Rules for Skilled Workers & ICT
  • Benefits of Holding a Sponsor License
  • Duties of a Sponsor LIcense Holder

New PBS Immigration System

With the UK outside of the EU the primary route available to UK employers wishing to recruit from the EU will be via the new points based immigration system. To do this employers will need to hold a Home Office Sponsor License enabling them to self issue certificates of sponsorship to eligible workers to fill a range of qualifying jobs. Workers will need to prove their English language skills and have a job offer from a licensed sponsor that meets minimum skills and pay levels in order to come here to work. This will also be the method by which businesses can transfer eligible workers between international offices or branches under separate ICT (Intra Company Transfer) criteria.

Home Office Sponsor License

The Home Office is urging employers to apply for a Sponsor License to ensure that essential skills shortages can be filled. Previously restrictive rules on job skills levels and pay rates have been relaxed opening  up the possibility of sponsoring workers to many more businesses in many more occupations. Being a sponsor license holder carries obvious benefits. Our OISC regulated experts help employers to secure, manage and maintain a sponsor license, and advise on all matters relating to compliance with sponsor duties. Contact us to discuss your optiions for the employment and retention of EU and overseas workers including transfers. 

Please enquire using the form below

Culturepot is part of the Hall & Woodhouse family, The Brewery Blandford St Mary, Dorset, DT11 9LS. Tel 01258 452141